The Internet is an amazing tool. It has the power to change the way we live, and we’re starting to see that potential today. With only a few mouse-clicks, you can follow the news, look up facts, buy goods and services, and communicate with others from around the world. It’s important to Spotlessworld.co.uk to help our customers retain their privacy when they take advantage of all the Internet has to offer.
We believe your business is no one else’s. Your privacy is important to you and to us. So we’ll protect the information you share with us. To protect your privacy, Spotlessworld.co.uk follows different principles in accordance with worldwide practices for customer privacy and data protection. Furthermore:
- We won’t sell or give away your name, mail address, phone number, email address or any other information to anyone.
- We’ll use state-of-the-art security measures to protect your information from unauthorized users.
We will ask you when we need information that personally identifies you (personal information) or allows us to contact you. Generally, this information is requested when you create a Registration ID on the site or when you download free software, enter a contest, order email newsletters or join a limited-access premium site. We use your Personal Information for four primary purposes:
- To make the site easier for you to use by not having to enter information more than once.
- To help you quickly find software, services or information.
- To help us create content most relevant to you.
- To alert you to product upgrades, special offers, updated information and other new services from Spotlessworld.co.uk.
A cookie is a text file sent by a web server – a device where one or more websites are stored – to a web browser, and stored by the browser. The text file is then sent back to the web server each time the web browser requests a page from the web server. This enables the web server to identify and track the web browser and provide richer user experiences for visitors to a web site.
Our website is powered by the Joomla web Content Management System (CMS). By default, Joomla CMS automatically installs a cookie into your web browser as soon as you visit this website. Below, this cookie is referred to as a “session” cookie; that means, the cookie lasts only as long as your current session when using our website. Using cookies in this way allows us to provide friendly, personalised welcome messages when you log in or keep track of any items you may have in a shopping cart.
However, an update to prevent this session cookie automatically appearing may become available during the coming weeks and months. We will then implement the update as soon as possible. The default Joomla session cookie will then only appear in your web browser if you choose to accept cookies from this website, register, or log in to our website. And since we have a shopping cart, then that too will include 2 additional session cookies, and will operate in much the same way: to store your purchase choices while you complete your purchase in our shopping cart.
Currently, we use 9 cookies on this website to count the numbers of visitors and understand how to serve our visitors and customers better. We may install and use various plugins or extensions that help enrich the experience of using this website, and which may also use additional cookies, to, for example, monitor how successful each plugin or extension is, or further count the number of times a plugin or extension is used. In this way, those providers can measure the effectiveness of their solutions and make changes to improve their products.
Below is a full list of cookies that we currently use on this website at the time of writing this update:
- civicAllowCookies = from Cookie Control, this cookie is installed in a visitor’s web browser when they agree to have cookies stored on their web access device. Expires in 90 days.
- civicShowCookieIcon = from Cookie Control, this cookie is installed in a visitor’s web browser when they agree to have cookies stored on their web access device. Expires in 90 days.
- __utma, __utmb, __utmc, __utmz = from Google Analytics. These cookies are installed in a visitor’s web browser when they agree to have cookies stored on their web access device. These cookies are used to collect information about how visitors use our website. We then use the resulting data to generate reports that can help us improve the website experience. These cookies collect data anonymously; the resulting information allows us to identify the number of visitors who have come to the website, where visitors have come from, and which web pages visitors viewed while on our website.
- Joomla session cookie, called: 221225405030b504650d9a1fcf58f135= a cookie that is part of Joomla website Content management System (CMS) for this installation, normally automatically installed into a visitor’s web browser when visiting this website. This cookie is active only for the current session, and is deleted when web browser is closed.
- Shopping cart cookie called “language”. This cookie is active only for the current session and is designed to help remember your shopping cart language, which is English by default. This cookie is deleted when the web browser is closed.
- Shopping cart cookie called “currency”. This cookie is active only for the current session and is designed to help remember your shopping cart currency, which is UK pounds by default. This cookie is deleted when the web browser is closed.
If you choose not to accept cookies, you can use the “Cookie Control” tool accessible from the orange button situated at the bottom left corner of every web page on this website. Then only the standard default Joomla session cookie and the shopping cart cookies will load and be active until you close your web browser.
Most browsers allow you to refuse to accept cookies entirely. For example, in Internet Explorer you can refuse all cookies by clicking: “Tools” > “Internet Options” > “Privacy”, and selecting “Block all cookies” using the sliding selector. This choice will, however, have a negative impact upon the usability of many websites, including this one. If you choose not to accept our cookies, please do not use this website.
The following links provide information on how to enable or disable cookies using a web browser:
- Mozilla Firefox.
- Microsoft Internet Explorer.
- Google Chrome.
- Apple Safari (OS X) (Apple Mac, etc).
- Apple Safari (IOS) (iPhone, iPad).
- Google Android.
You can learn more about cookies at AboutCookies.org .
The information above is believed to be true at the time of writing this update and is provided in good faith.
If you choose not to register or provide personal information, you can still use most of www.spotlessworld.co.uk, but you will not be able to access areas that require registration.
If you decide to register, you will be able to select the kinds of information you want to receive from us by subscribing to various services, like our electronic newsletters. If you do not want us to communicate with you about other offers regarding Spotlessworld.co.uk products, programs, events, or services by email, postal mail, or telephone, you may select the option stating that you do not wish to receive marketing messages from Spotlessworld.co.uk.
Spotlessworld.co.uk occasionally allows other companies to offer our registered customers information about their products and services, using postal mail only. If you do not want to receive these offers, you may select the option stating that you do not wish to receive marketing materials from third parties.
We will provide you with the means to ensure that your personal information is correct and current. You may review and update this information at any time at the Visitor Center. There, you can:
- View and edit personal information you have already given us.
- Tell us whether you want us to send you marketing information, or whether you want third parties to send you their offers by postal mail.
- Sign up for electronic newsletters about our services and products.
- Register. Once you register, you won’t need to do it again. Wherever you go on www.spotlessworld.co.uk, your information stays with you.
Spotlessworld.co.uk has taken strong measures to protect the security of your personal information and to ensure that your choices for its intended use are honored. We take strong precautions to protect your data from loss, misuse, unauthorized access or disclosure, alteration, or destruction.
Spotlessworld.co.uk strictly protects the security of your personal information and honors your choices for its intended use. We carefully protect your data from loss, misuse, unauthorized access or disclosure, alteration, or destruction.
Your personal information is never shared outside the company without your permission, except under conditions explained above. Inside the company, data is stored in password-controlled servers with limited access. Your information may be stored and processed in the USA, UK or any other country where spotlessworld.co.uk, its subsidiaries, affiliates or agents are located.
You also have a significant role in protecting your information. No one can see or edit your personal information without knowing your user name and password, so do not share these with others.
Notice to Parents
Parents or guardians: we want to help you guard your children’s privacy. We encourage you to talk to your children about safe and responsible use of their Personal Information while using the Internet.
Spotlessworld.co.uk site does not publish content that is targeted to children. However, if you are concerned about your children providing Spotlessworld.co.uk any personal information without your consent, please contact Spotlessworld.co.uk at: firstname.lastname@example.org
Electronic Product Registration
When you buy and install a new product, we may ask you to register your purchase electronically. When you do, we merge your registration information with any information you’ve already left with us (we call that information your personal profile). If you haven’t previously registered with us, we create a personal profile for you from your product registration information. If you ever want to review or update that information, you can visit the Profile Center, click on Update Profile, and edit any of the Personal Information in your profile. If you haven’t already created a Registration ID, we will ask you to do so. This ensures that only you can access your information.
As mentioned above, every registered customer has a unique personal profile. Each profile is assigned a unique personal identification number, which helps us ensure that only you can access your profile.
When you register, we create your profile, assign a personal identification number, then send this personal identification number back to your hard drive in the form of a cookie, which is a very small bit of code. This code is uniquely yours. It is your passport to seamless travel across Spotlessworld.co.uk, allowing you to download free software, order free newsletters, and visit premium sites without having to fill out registration forms with information you’ve already provided. Even if you switch computers, you won’t have to re-register – just use your Registration ID to identify yourself.
What we do with the information you share
When you join us, you provide us with your contact information, including your name and email address. We use this information to send you updates about your order, questionnaires to measure your satisfaction with our service and announcements about new and exciting services that we offer. When you order from us, we ask for your credit card number and billing address. We use this information only to bill you for the product(s) you order at that time. For your convenience, we do save billing information in case you want to order from us again, but we don’t use this information again without your permission.
We occasionally hire other companies to provide limited services on our behalf, including packaging, mailing and delivering purchases, answering customer questions about products or services, sending postal mail and processing event registration. We will only provide those companies the information they need to deliver the service, and they are prohibited from using that information for any other purpose.
Spotlessworld.co.uk will disclose your personal information, without notice, only if required to do so by law or in the good faith belief that such action is necessary to: (a) conform to the edicts of the law or comply with legal process served on Spotlessworld.co.uk; (b) protect and defend the rights or property of Spotlessworld.co.uk and its family of Websites, and, (c) act in urgent circumstances to protect the personal safety of users of Spotlessworld.co.uk, its Websites, or the public.
Page last updated
This page was updated on May 25, 2012.